The objectives of the architecture programme when it was conceived at the University of Malaya in 1995 is as follows:
- To promote interest, knowledge and skills in architectural design, that is sensitive to the cultural and environmental contexts.
- To develop analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- To nurture the ability to design comprehensively, creatively and with technical competence.
- To understand the scientific principles whic form the foundation of building technology
- To produce graduates with semi-professional and professional degrees, who will practise architecture confidently and responsibly.
Head of Department
Dr. Norafida binti Ab Ghaffar
PhD,(University Of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK),
MA (Oxford Brookes University, UK), Oxford Brookes University, UK(Architecture), Dip_Architecture,
Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)